Sunday, September 17, 2006

Best Month Ever?

There's a lot of comic related merchandise coming out in October. Plus Halloween naturally falls in October too, so that means comics and candy. I feel like I'm a little kid again. Only this time I don't have to ask permission to get either or go door to door to get said candy. It's the one time during the year comic fans can blend into the general public and not address too much attention to themselves while wearing the costume of their favorite hero. Not that I have anything major planned-just the idea that excites me. "Cool Spidey costume!"..."Thanks". End scene.

Here's pictures of all the fun stuff I want and release dates:



X-Men 3 DVD (Oct. 3rd): The vast majority HATES this movie. Too bad. It's X-MEN. It's an X-MEN MOVIE. There is absolutely no way it is going to live up to everyone's expectations. Yes, the story is weak. Yes, it's short. LET IT GO- IT'S JUST A MOVIE. Did it entertain you? Were you excited to see it? I was. If you don't like it don't watch it.
'Nuff said.








The Marvel Encyclopedia (Oct. 16): My friend has the DC Encyclopedia which is quite impressive and thick. I was hoping that Marvel would catch on since the previous encyclopedias are horrible. Each book is based on one character and layed out like a D&D manual. That's all fine and good if you're into that but for the rest of us, we'd like to see all the great artwork from 60+ years of artists along with crucial storylines and character evolutions. Well done DK publishing.







Justice League Heroes (Oct 17): Yeah! Multiplayer
side-scrollers are just plain fun. Especially with superpowers.
Variant costumes with different abilities, power combos, and
even a cool AQUAMAN make this game a must have. A less
intense version of X-Men: Legends.....wait for it.....











Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Oct. 24): Or X-Men Legends 3, finally expands characters to include the entire Marvel U and build your own teams with choose-your-own adventure plotlines. And you get to fight Galactus. Wow. This makes up for that lame a** Fantastic Four movie game. "It's trade-in time!!"










Guitar Hero 2 (Nov. 7): Okay, this isn't really comic related-
but still is a great game. I was skeptical when I had
purchased the first Guitar Hero, but quickly put my fears to
rest. Very addicting and fun- easy to learn, near impossible
to master. I still can't beat Iron Man on hard mode. A second
guitar controller will now increase the replay value to Guitar
Hero with multiplayer as well as Guitar Hero 2. I love this
game. If you own a PS2....BUY IT NOW!


So, lots-o-crap. Bring on the snow. I already have my cure for cabin fever. Just as long as the power doesn't go out...then I'm sleddin'! Whee!!!





1 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice line-up of stuff... I added alot of it to my geek calendar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home