Saturday, February 03, 2007

Marvel Super Dice

First things first: I've gotten the Ebay bug.

What started as needing some horrorclix figures, (for my custom Ghostbuster game-see following post) expanded into "What else do I want that I can't find?"

Never say this while on Ebay- bad, bad.

The worst part is the buy it now button. No auction? No problem! Shipping Fees? Who cares? I can buy it now! Ughhh.....

Luckily, I've come to my senses and only LOOKED at potential items I wanted to buy. Pictures are definitely a lot cheaper than the real deal.

So yes, I did buy the horrorclix figures, and two boardgames. But, I'm good.........for now.

Anyway, I came across a gem from 1997: TSR's Marvel Super Dice. Thanks to Ebay, I was finally able to buy what I remember seeing in the store ten years ago, all for the low price of $1.99 with shipping, so- eight bucks.

The game was planned to have expansions, but never quite got off the ground. I've seen pictures of a Fantastic Four version, but alas...it never came to be. There's very little info about this online surprisingly. Without further ado, here's what's in the box.....


18 different colored dice, 2 sheets of map tiles, 1 stat book, and 1 rule book.



The stat book- 8 of the dice have character faces, each with their own abilities. Of course, the characters I like are the rare ones. Crud.



The character I have: Magicienne (who?) Sentinel, Captain Britain, Colossus, Wolverine, Black Tom Cassidy, Psylocke, and two Masterminds. He's a chick? The white dice represent civilians and various attacks.



The objective of the game is to advance from one character's headquarters to the other. Along the way you encounter police, civilians, swat, and even little old ladies who are caught up in this city-wide riot.


Could be a fun little game. Who knows, maybe if it's that good, I'll head back to Ebay to find more dice.....Here we go again.

2 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger DRM said...

I gotta say, I think I smell a stinker...

But who knows. I could be wrong!

 
At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'd better be careful with that e-bay. Or else we may have to put you in BGA... Board Gamers' Anonymous.

TESH :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home