Sunday, October 22, 2006

Justice League Heroes Rant

I love it.

Except for the damn frogs. Yeah, that's right- FROGS. If you haven't played it yet- beware of the projectile vomit frogs in the level with Green Lantern and Flash. There's a mission where you have to save scientists (huddling in fear) from The Key's monster generating portals. Usually two Super Mario style mushrooms emerge, quickly followed by the vomit frog.

Saving the scientists should be a piece of cake. Afterall, you do have the most powerful weapon in the universe along side the fastest man alive. Not so.

Fists clenched in anger, my friend and I tried repeatedly to rescue the scientist. The frogs keep coming and coming. It was until we used GL's box prision to contain the scientist/frogs that we were finally able to beat the level. Good lord.

Just a warning to all those who think the game is easy. Or it could be that I just suck at video games....I'm sure its that.


On a postive note, the game is fun. Being it the first and probabbly the last Justice League multiplayer on the current systems, Snowblind did a great job. The characters powers are well represented and the ability to swap characters is a plus. Hawkgirl who I recently unlocked is a neat character to play as. She has a sonic scream (for those Black Canary fans) and multiple mace atttacks.

Dwayne McDuffie (writer on JL-JLU) wrote the story for Justice League Heroes, and it shows. The story keeps you interested and the dialogue between characters keeps you chuckling during the game, like when characters die. Flash: "Whoops, looks like I'm the last guy standing." Each heroes powers come well into play too. Like using Flash to run in-between a spinning fan, to Superman using his heat vision to cause more damage to the white martians. Why it took so long for someone to produce this game is beyond me. As much as I love this game, it seem dated and out of place. The whole two-player,side-scrolling beat-'em-up is dying. Which is sad because these were the games that I really enjoyed growing up on Sega.

I'm interested in how Marvel Ultimate Alliance is going to stack up on the Nintendo Wii. Will it bring the genre back to life, or keep it at its current pace? My friend is going to pick it up for his XBox, so I won't pick it up for the Wii unless the game is beyond amazing. (It just so happened that I bought the first X-Men Legends the same time he did and never played mine.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home