Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Legion in 3-D

Having picked up the latest DC Heroclix set- Legion of Super Heroes, I played a game using the Legion indoor map. It's a nice map... a large space routunda with transporters in each corner to quickly move your team around in the heat of battle.


But like most maps, elevation can be a problem. At first, we though the center square was the raised elevation. We then looked closer at the stairs (and their cast shadows) and realized it wasn't. So, not having made anything in awhile- I decided to fix the problem. Five x-acto blades and four large sheet of foam board later....I had myself a 3-D Legion Headquarters.



Granted it's just the basics, but it is the future right? Isn't everything in the future minimalist and white anyway? For the mini billboards (with black feet) I'd like to get some acetate and have a transparent screen (again adding to the future look). The floating orange globe wasn't part of the set- but rather an accessory from He-Man's Orko figure. Reminds me of the scene of the attack on the Death Star or any other plan of attack in a sci-fi feature. The blocks are divided up into eight chunks and can easily be moved around to fit other formations and maps. I chose not to do the angle stairs (upon further discussion with friend Chris) and made the blocks square instead of with a missing block. We'll make up our own rules when the times comes. I think it turned out cool for being so simplistic. Now I just have to play on it next game night to see if my time spent building it wasn't wasted (it two 2 days).





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home