Sunday, July 15, 2007

Castle Doom in 3-D (part 1 of 2)

Below is a map of Castle Doom featured on a great heroclix map site- Clixbuilders.com
(I'd link the text- but the site is currently under construction)


Anyway, after getting compliments from my gaming chums on my recent Legion map- I decided to tackle Castle Doom. Unlike the Legion map, Castle Doom will have graphics on all the walls- adding to the overall demeanor that is DOOM! The right side of that map (which I thought to be stables- Since when did Doom have horses?) is actually jail cells. I'm experimenting wih acetate to create 'hanging' prision gates for the outer walls. The remaining walls are going to be cobblestone, matching the floor color for a near-seamless effect. If you squint, you can see ten individual brown squares with a gray figure inside- this is where I'll be placing my army of DOOMBOT clix. So far I only have four. I'll have to shop around at WIZARD WORLD CHICAGO next month. I've constructed the basic walls along with some blocking terrain, here's how it's turning out thus far:





One other thing to mention- the map isn't full size- I have four rows of squares to fill on each side. Not sure if I want to build up more walls and rooms, or create something simple like a moat of lava. Hmmm.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home