Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Treehouse of Horror XVIII

It's that time of year again....another Simpsons Treehouse of Horror is upon us. The 18th one to be exact. Here's a breakdown of this year's episode:


Mr. and Mrs. Simpson - Homer secretly lives a double life as a secret agent and is assigned to eliminate Kent Brockman, discovering that Marge is also an agent with the same mission.

E.T. Go Home - Bart and Lisa find Kodos, who is hiding from the government, and help him obtain devices that he can use to contact his home planet, but Kodos's intentions prove to be less than friendly.

Heck House - Bart, Lisa and some other kids pull pranks on Halloween night and, after they go too far, Ned Flanders turns the church into a Hell house. Gaining supernatural powers from God, he subjects the kids to his wrath.

"Will it be better than last years?" is the first question that pops into my head. Being a hardcore Simpsons fan, I've actually watched less and less of the show as its gone on. Yet, I've always come back for the T.H.R. episodes- (despite each year they seem to have less and less to do with Halloween). I've stupidly taped over each epsiode as my original plan was to have ALL of them available for my viewing pleasure. Sadly, Fox hasn't made any plans to release a DVD of just the Halloween episodes in order. It would sell like hotcakes! For now, I'm stuck catching it on YouTube or the few seasons of Simpsons I own on DVD....Rats.

I was also going to list my favorite Treehouse of Horror episodes until I realize they've made so many- with three stories per episode......that's 54 episodes to sift through. So I just list a few. The Monkey's Paw, Clown without Pity, The Devil and Homer Simpson, The Thing and I, and Send in the Clones. Great stuff.




1 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger DRM said...

One of my favorites is the King Kong spoof (King Homer?).

I mostly like it just for the part where Mr. Burns tries to throw a tear gas grenade. He throws it like a sissy and it goes about 2 feet.

Gets me every time for some reason.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home