Sunday, December 02, 2007

The bookshelf- before and after

As stated in previous multiple posts, I have too much junk. The good news is that for all the junk I do buy, should I grow tired of it, has potential resale value. True, if I were to average out the cost of buying/reselling I wouldn't come close to breaking even. Still, I feel better about my own twisted form of recycling, or as friend Chris calls it: Jeff Math. I also enjoy less clutter too. Here's a before and after pic of my bookshelf after a recent 'cleaning'.

My enormous Marvel Legends collection- taking up two shelves and a domino effect waiting to happen. Yowza.

The same shelves post E-bay. I pulled trades out of comic boxes and added to the shelf above for easier access. I read them more often now. The Justice League nine inch figures look a lot better than 100 little figures. Easier to dust too. Squint and you'll see The Atom at Wonder Woman's feet.

Uh....okay. I'll admit the second picture looks worse than the 'before' pic. I have good reason..really. First, I've bought more games. Second, I organized by playability rather than by box shape. I found it difficult to run through 30+ games trying to decide what would be good for certain groups and clarity of rules/time. All the bottom games take an hour or more to play, which I found the average person gives up on after about 10 minutes. Bummer. Good thing I have plenty of friends who DO like these games. I'm still in the process of filtering out the crummy games. One day I'd like to get TWO bookcases- one for comics and one for boardgames. I'll make do for now.

This is the one thing that hasn't changed. Yet. These stackable comics or DRAWER BOXES are a fantastic space saver. The drawers on the bottom slide out for easy access, while the boxes on top provide the weight (without crushing them) to keep them in place. Once I do get a bigger place I'd like to actually build a comic back issue box like the one you'd find in any comic store- then place the drawer boxes underneath. Another thought was to have comic sleeves on the wall where I could replace the issues as I see fit- like those plastic baseball card sleeves but comic size and mounted to the wall. Not sure how this would look, but interested to try.....Whew!


2 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

 
At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Plastic Cards said...

Very good approach,I really appriciate your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home